Public Social Resources in Nebraska
If you or someone you know is seeking help with housing for homeless in Nebraska, food assistance, transportation and the DMV, or healthcare, please reach out to the following resources below.
- Food Bank of the Heartland has numerous locations across the state (and in Council Bluffs!) with different food options, and pick up times. Find the closest one to you here.
Transportation & DMV Nebraska
- RISE provides bus passes free of charge to Builders in Omaha and Lincoln. Reach out to your Reentry Specialist for help navigating the bus system.
- Chariots 4 Hope is an organization that assists individuals in owning their own car. Please reach out to Erica if you are interested in this program.
- To receive a Drivers License or State ID in the state of Nebraska, you will need multiple different documents - you can find that information here. If you are a RISE Builder or graduate, please reach out to your Reentry Specialist to assist you in this process. Please also let your Reentry Specialist know if you are unable to pay for your ID - we will assist with this as well.
- DMV's are located across the state of Nebraska. Search here to find your nearest location.
Healthcare Assistance in Nebraska
- Charles Drew provides medical and behavioral health services on a sliding scale for the Omaha community. Please click here to view the services they offer.
- One World provides medical, dental, and behavioral health services on a sliding scale for the Omaha community. Please click here to view the services they offer.
- COVID-19 free testing: CVS and TestNebraska are conducting free COVID-19 testing across the state.
- Clinic with a Heart provides free medical, dental, dermatology, chiropractic, physical therapy, mental health, vision, hearing and other special clinic care to the Lincoln community. Click here for more information.