The RISE Business Academy
The RISE Business Academy is a 12-week program focused on developing a positive business in the community for those having lived experience with in the criminal justice system. Through support and community services, the RISE Business Academy aims to create and promote self-sufficiency, independence, and economic growth through entrepreneurship.
Meeting once per week, participants develop a structured business plan while completing coursework tailored around entrepreneurial mindsets, marketing and sales methods, accounting, taxes, how to finance one's business and how to protect it.
Upon the completion of coursework and business plan development, program participants must pitch their business to a panel of judges made up of community leaders, local business experts, and entrepreneurs. The top placing winners of the RISE Business Academy Pitch Competition have the chance at receiving cash prizes to be put forth towards the start and development of their businesses.
Our 3rd Cohort is currently in session!
Mondays 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
This cohort is now open to non-RISE graduates with criminal histories.
Class will be every Monday from 6:00PM-8:00PM in a socially distanced training room as well as via Google hangouts.
12-week commitment required.
This program is challenging and has limited space available!
We will only consider Builders truly committed to themselves and completing the program. Applicants must submit an in-depth and fully complete application to be considered for this program. Incomplete applications may apply again another time.
In this program you will:
- Plan on dedicating 6-10 hours per week on this program. (Includes time in class and assignments completed outside of class.)
- Develop your business plan.
- Identify objectives and stay on track.
- Prepare a business pitch.
- Complete the RISE Academy Pitch Competition.
We ask you to:
- Be committed to yourself and completing the program.
- Take responsibility, to yourself and others.
- Show integrity, making the right choices, even when no one is looking.
- Identify your strengths and use them to be empowered through education focused on entrepreneurship.