Applicants must submit an in-depth and fully complete application to be considered for this program. Incomplete applications may apply again another time.
Application Deadline: May 4, 2022 at 5:00pm
The 5th Cohort begins May 9, 2022!
Mondays 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM via Zoom
This cohort is now open to non-RISE graduates with criminal histories.
Class will be every Monday from 6:00PM-8:00PM via Zoom.
12-week commitment required.
This program is challenging and has limited space available!
We will only consider participants truly committed to themselves and completing the program. Applicants must submit an in-depth and fully complete application to be considered for this program. Incomplete applications may apply again another time.
In this program you will:
- Plan on dedicating 6-10 hours per week on this program. (Includes time in class and assignments completed outside of class.)
- Develop your business plan.
- Identify objectives and stay on track.
- Prepare a business pitch.
- Complete the RISE Academy Pitch Competition.
We ask you to:
- Be committed to yourself and completing the program.
- Take responsibility, to yourself and others.
- Show integrity, making the right choices, even when no one is looking.
- Identify your strengths and use them to be empowered through education focused on entrepreneurship.
- Reliable phone, laptop or desktop, and high speed internet
- 100% Participation and engagement - your Zoom video must be on
- Must be a RISE graduate, have lived experience with the justice system, or be a family member of either.
- Must be able to dedicate at least 4-6 hours per week to work on your business plan and homework during this 12-week period.
Email Alejandra Jimenez, Director of RISE Business Academy