Be A Guest Speaker
Speaking on a Monday night to the class on one of the following topics (or a small business topic not listed here that you think would add value to the class):
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours on a Monday night from 6-8pm.
Class topics include:
- Accounting and taxes
- Protecting your business (permits, insurance, etc.)
- Marketing your business
- Financing your business
- Preparing a business plan
- Financial projections
- Social media for your business
- Know your Why (mindset, mission and vision, etc.).
- Business Ideas and opportunities
- Business structures
- Hiring vs. Contracting
- Sharing your personal small business story, successes, lessons learned, Q&A, etc.
Be A Business Coach
This would involve meeting/speaking with your academy mentee once a week (or with some agreed upon frequency) and support their business plan, business pitch, answer questions, coach them, etc. We will pair you with someone that makes sense based on your background and the type of business they want to start.
Time Commitment: Meet once a week with your mentee for a minimum of an hour for 6-8 weeks either via zoom, phone call or in-person.
Be A Pitch Competition Judge
The Business Pitch Competition provides an opportunity for RISE Business Academy participants to pitch and receive constructive feedback about the viability of their businesses from experienced executives, entrepreneurs, and investors while competing for prizes, payable to their business.
Judges will have a brief amount of me to deliberate privately after all presenters have pitched. Judges will rank participants based on the following criteria:
- Clarity and persuasiveness of presentation
- Feasibility and scalability of business concept
- Credibility and leadership potential of the entrepreneur
- Potential to hire RISE graduates
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours during pitch competition.