In-Prison Program Director
Omaha or Lincoln, Ne
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the RISE In-Prison Program Manager is organized, strategic, able to quickly build rapport with diverse populations and highly adaptable. You are able to quickly identify challenges and adapt, while maintaining programmatic integrity. You seek to understand others’ points of views and consider all of the downstream effects of policy and program changes. You are a confident communicator that is comfortable having difficult conversations, advocating for individuals with criminal histories’s needs, and holding people accountable. You have a strong sense of urgency and are known as a trustworthy, dependable individual. At RISE, your role is to manage the relationships, data, and personnel directly related to RISE’s In-Prison program that operates at 5 facilities across the state of Nebraska.
RISE is the largest nonprofit organization in Nebraska focused solely on habilitative programming in prisons and reentry support for adults, youth and their loved ones. At RISE, transformation starts pre-release and continues post-release. Our inside/out model bridges incarceration to the community and considers all the critical steps in that journey. We prepare and train people for each phase through intensive character development, employment readiness, job creation through entrepreneurship, family programming and case management. We transform people in the community by building awareness and empathy that leads to support and opportunity. These connections heal families, create employment pathways and lower recidivism. The mission of RISE is to break generational cycles of incarceration.
- Manage RISE’s In-Prison Program Team that facilitates a 6-month character development, employment readiness and entrepreneurship program in correctional facilities.
- Manage the day-to-day regional operations of RISE’s multi-site, in-prison program.
- Responsible for on-boarding and training new team members; providing ongoing coaching and timely feedback; and seeks out development opportunities for the team.
- Fosters teamwork within the team and collaboration with other departments.
- Coordinate with RISE’s Director of Programs to ensure programming is running smoothly and programmatic requirements are met.
- Visit each prison facility regularly to identify and manage program challenges and opportunities, build relationships with facility staff and participants, address questions and concerns, and support program implementation.
- Oversee the management of all RISE Program materials.
- Oversee program data tracking, produce reports and metrics, and provide feedback for program improvement.
- Manage program-related events both in the prisons and in the community.
- Experience supervising and managing teams required
- Experience delivering programs in correctional facilities or other social service agencies preferred
- Experience building programs or curriculum preferred
- Commitment to the RISE vision that “all people will find freedom from cycles of incarceration”
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain effectiveness, professional demeanor, and positive attitude, even in ambiguous situations and during high-pressure periods
- High emotional intelligence that has the ability to connect with diverse individuals and assess their needs quickly and effectively
- Collaborative team player with a "can do" attitude; willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to support team priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to intelligently and credibly articulate RISE’s story and mission
- Independent, self-starter who takes the initiative to identify and assist in resolving issues both within and beyond areas of direct responsibility
- Organized, efficient, and willing to get better at both
- Persistent, creative and resilient problem solver. Does not give up and finds ways to learn quickly, try new strategies and improve based on experience
- Demonstrated experience in taking initiative with the ability to be flexible in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite or other comparable office software
- Ability and willingness to travel the area spanning from Omaha to York to visit facilities.
- Some knowledge of the Nebraska criminal justice system preferred
- Bachelor’s in Social Work, MSW, or other related degrees is a plus
- Scrappy, adaptable, entrepreneurial and innovative
- Openness to feedback, coachable, with a dedication to continually learn and improve
Submit Your Cover Letter & Resume
Please review the above position and submit your cover letter and resume below as one PDF document saved as your first and last names.